Whoever would’ve imagined that so much would change in less than 24 hours? Isn’t it crazy to think of just rapidly the world has changed due to something so physically small?
Around each and every corner of the day there seemed to be something else waiting for us. Cancelled sporting events, travel bans, school closures, immediate changes to procedures. The stock market plummeted, gained some steam after the Fed announcement, and then went right back to diving. Heck, from the sounds of it there isn’t much for toilet paper in the La Crosse area anymore (that one still has me perplexed).
It’s so easy to point out all that is wrong and ingestive throughout the day. You know me, that’s not my jam. I’m thankful for taking the time to look for them, they kept me upbeat and focused. What were the bright spots today? Some of them included:
- Enjoying outside sales – this might have been the last time I get to do it for a while so I savored the feeling of going into businesses to start conversations about employment
- Listening to a great book to get my brain started in the morning
- Hearing the Elton John song Tiny Dancer and only hearing “Hold me closer Tony Danza”
- Multiple conversations with my little brother giving the cynical commentary we both seem to excel at in times like this
- Playing a game with Gavin
- Enjoying a dinner of corned beef
- Shooting the bull and joking with Dominic
- Thinking of new ways to do the usual tasks should everything continue to change
- Remembering to take a deep breath and breathe
- Hanging out with and texting friends
- Taking time to appreciate the beautiful views driving back from Menomonie even when it is cold and dreary
- Becky putting me in a good mood first thing in the morning even from a long ways away
- And this pic from Dominic…
Yes, there are definitely some changes in the future. This is going to be a very interesting time in our history. I’m going to continue to focus on the bright spots and find the positives in this.