Once in a great while there’s a day that leaves me almost speechless. As I spend time in thought and consider all of the things for which I am grateful for the day there end up being almost too many to count, let alone one that stands above the others. Today was one of those days. As I stand back and think about it there’s one thing in particular that hit me… I have so many blessings in my life to be thankful for, and the ones today are just the tip of the iceberg of all things for which I am grateful in my life.
Each little moment, incident, or thing reminded me that I’m really living an incredibly wonderful life…
- Being able to have a beginner’s mindset and learn so much from a training that is meant for a beginner in our business. It’s meant setting my ego aside and thinking about how much I can learn as opposed to proving how much I know. Humbling at times as I realize that I’m wrong and have made mistakes, yet refreshing to see that the future is moldable if I’m willing to work on it.
- My career path is an honorable one, one I can be proud of, one that fits my values, and, most importantly, one that can have an impact on the lives of others. Being able to help people find work, helping businesses become more successful and needing more people, and helping others to reach their dreams is something that I am proud to tell my family that I do.
- The Express family is full of like minded individuals who want to help people succeed and are willing to go outside of their comfort zone to do that.
- As I have been blessed to have so many incredible mentors surround me throughout my career, I am blessed to be able to share their teachings with others and making sure that others know where they were learned. This helps me honor those who’ve helped me in the way they’d appreciate the most, by helping others.
- I have a tremendously strong relationship with Becky and my boys. We know what is important to us and are able to focus our energy on making that happen. We’re happy to spend time together and truly miss each other when we’re apart.
- Losing Dad has really sucked and I’m surprised by how many firsts there are now that he’s gone, BUT I have a brother who understands and who helps me through as I help him through. We are a team and will be okay through this because we have each other.
In addition to these there’ve been many things that I’ve been thankful for today, each moment a reminder of how blessed my life is. It’s not perfect and it’s not easy, but I’m thankful for my life. Today was one of those days when I can step back and tell The Big Man Upstairs, “Dude, You really nailed this one for me. Thank You for putting this much awesome into my life, it is greatly appreciated!!!”