Preparing for something before it is needed is priceless. Too often I prepare after I should have been ready. What a difference it makes to train before we need to.
It’s been a while since I’ve given myself an easy out by going with a list, but it really seems appropriate today. Here’s a snapshot of the gratitude:
- The most quiet wrestling tournament ever
- Learning through failure
- Losing tight matches that leave us more hungry
- Breathing and rolling with life
- Family going out of their way to watch other family’s events
- Choosing perspective
- Growth through adversity
- Remembering we always have a choice to make
- More game time with Becky & Dominic
- Going to bed exhausted
Sometimes being present involves pausing for moments of introspection. I took a couple of those at opportune times and it made a positive impact.