While today is only Day #134 of this blog it marks the 500th Day of being thankful each day. Holy crap!!! 500 days in a row of doing something, that doesn’t happen very often!
Today was pretty much a great microcosm of why I do this blog. It was filled with many little moments and events for which I am thankful. Some of the highlights include:
- Becky’s intensely happy mood in the morning
- Being able to get the boys on the bus and get to work on time
- Demonstrating a sales call for a new teammate
- Meeting with a client over a delicious cup of coffee
- Taking time to think
- Getting some incredibly insightful feedback from a team member
- Receiving some very awesome praise fro another team member
- Hearing some of the backstory of one of my teammates
- Seeing several emails in my inbox from teammates praising other teammates
- Great training that is helping me with a tough conversation
- Having the $10 extra bucks to be able to impulse buy a lava lamp for Gavin
- Preparing for the scout meeting in advance
- Becky gently reminding me several times to prep for the scout meeting in advance
- Being able to help Dominic learn how to make a tough decision (ask Becky for advice)
And then to wrap up the night (at least until this point, there’s still a good hour until bed) I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity to lead Gavin’s scout meeting. The boys were full of crazy energy as always and it was awesome. While I had a beer at home to relax afterwards, it is so awesome that I’m able to help the boys out and create a memory for them. One of the things I love the most is being able to create something and there’s nothing better to pull together out of the aether than a memory. Tonight we made a tornado in a bottle, Alka Seltzer lava lamps, and glittery slime. The boys were smiling and it was AWESOME!!!
Day 500 was a fantastic day! The funny thing is that now that I take the time to think about what I am thankful for it seems that the fantastic days have grown exponentially and the crappy days are few and far between… And even they have their silver lining if only I take the time to look. 500 days is a long time, and it’s also a great first step! Here’s to the next 5,000 days of gratitude!!!